Last year the Chanel Lee Smile Foundation launched Yellow Smile Day to commemorate the birthday of Chanel Lee Easy who passed away on the 2nd October 2011.
Yellow Smile Day took place on the 22nd May 2012, the date of Chanel’s birth. The day was used to draw reference to the beauty, creativity and life of Chanel Lee Easy.
This year, The Chanel Lee Smile Foundation is taking further steps towards having Yellow Smile Day recognised as a national day for recognising the arts of any expression and to promote happiness and contentment. To help us reach this goal., we would like to encourage and empower any supporters of the Chanel-Lee Smile Foundation to recognise Yellow Smile Day by hosting your own activities or events especially local artists and creatives.
The CLSF would also like to offer all schools, colleges, an opportunity to be involved with Yellow Smile Day and offer any creative ideas.
Example of activities you could do for Yellow Smile Day.
- Wear an item of yellow for the day
- Arrange a non school uniform wear yellow day at your school.
- Organise a Yellow Balloon release with a group of friends/family
- Display the official Yellow Smile Day graphic on your Facebook page/Twitter account and encourage your friends to do so.
- Plan to attend a local arts event your friends/family
- Prepare a video of you performing and sharing your musical or creative talent and upload it to YouTube.
- Organise an event or concert with your school or college to commemorate Yellow Smile day.
- Make someone smile
- Fund raise for the Chanel-Lee Smile Foundation.
The Chanel-Lee Smile Foundation would like to encourage as many people as possible to get involved in Yellow Smile Day activities. The Chanel-Lee Smile Foundation will publicise your efforts through our website and social media as well as local press.
All activities must take place on Wednesday 22nd May 2013.
So if you would like to get involved or please email us at email@example.com along with a paragraph about what you would like to do and we will provide you with further guidelines and information..
If you would like to organise an event or concert at your school or college, the deadlines for proposals is Thursday 25th April 2013.
Do you have any pictures taken last year on Yellow Smile Day 2012; we would love to hear from you. Post them on our site or contact firstname.lastname@example.org